Monday, February 16, 2009

Garret Oliver Godsey

I started out this session trying to up-load a picture of Lawrence and his family onto my blog, but all I get is a series of numbers etc. Not what I had in mind so I will just do nothing on that angle. Sometimes I wonder why I can up load pictures and why I can't....I swear I do the same thing both times. Such is the life with a computer I guess, they are truly unpredictable under my hands!

Garret Oliver Godsey came to this world on the 13th of February weighing in at 8 pounds and standing 20 inches in height-length. He has a light dusting of black hair but it looks like the kind that will soon be history. And in the only picture I have seen of just him, he looks a lot like Lawrence at the very beginning. Emily says he is a calm little boy and that is good. She said she has hardly heard him. I know that he is well cared for, of that I am certain, Michelle has wanted this baby forever it would appear. I understand, I was there when Emily was born. I didn't think I could have children and then there was Emily. A pretty amazing experience any way you look at it.

The birth of Garret really slides the family into boy mold. We are now at 3 girls and 5 boys, and if you include the grandchildren of choice (Luzvie's kids) it is 7 boys. I am glad I like little boys a whole lot because I think that is just a fine number! I will say it also makes the three more special because they are so unique. Family is what it is all about and I get great pleasure seeing my small beginnings start expanding. Coming from a mom that was an only child and a dad that had one surviving brother to this is breathtaking. I could not be more pleased. The next generation of the family is composed of a whole lot of remarkable souls, remarkable in all ways.

No comments: