Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sewing on the Island is getting to be a difficult thing to do. On Thursday Avery finished off two skirts that she had in process. When you finish projects you start planning the next, only logical. But there is no place to purchase anything other than cotton fabric i.e. quilting materials, on the South end. Heck, I don't think there is anything more than that on the North end either. We have become a total "Island" when it comes to fabrics. One has to venture across the water to construct anything at this juncture in time. That just seems wrong....but I am not offering to open a store to fill the gap!

So today when the urge hit to sew I decided to sweep instead. Mind you, the sweeping was necessary but the sewing was what I wanted to do. And it is unusual for me to want to sew, then to have to plan so far ahead. When with Emily and Michelle I purchased several new patterns and one of them had my name on it....but it takes interlock or something that has a descent amount of give. Next trip off Island I will try to remember to get fabric and then see if the urge comes again.

And are the floors beautiful....not so much, I sat down and am writing this as an avoidance.

No comments: