Friday, January 1, 2010

New Decade world

Another decade starts for the world and for me. I couldn't let this date pass without writing it down, today is 01-01-10. I think that is a cool date, nice symmetry and unique. So what do I expect of this decade? I expect to expand my sphere of influence. In more direct words, I plan on traveling more than I have in the past. I am going to visit a few of the places I have talked about visiting and I am going to have a wonderful time doing so. I have also made a commitment to spend a little less time at work and little more time at service. I love teaching lessons but it is becoming more of a job as I see things I want to do and can't do them because of the lessons. I figure this coming decade is my best shot at travel. I am young in an older sort of way and old in a younger sort of way. I have really good health, mental and physical abilities so I need to use them. The following decade will bring challenges I suspect. And, besides, I want to do this!

And I will welcome two little boys into my posterity. After starting this generation with a definite lean towards female we have certainly turned the corner to having more boys. My three little Campbell girls seem to be unique in the family what with Linda coming on board with 3 boys this year, Lawrence with one and Nancy with one. Then add Luzvie with 2 boys, yah, we are going heavy to the male gender these days. I am fine with that, I get to go to the Ballet with Kristin whenever I want, and I get to enjoy boy things too. Not a bad way to do things.

And now I will celebrate the day by practicing the piano. I have said I will do a solo for church in February and I like to do things that are challenging to me and not just brain-dead notes. I am going to do a Rachmaninoff that I have never taken to performance level. Not only doing, I intend to take it to performance level but it is extremely demanding on my very weak Left hand so it is therapeutic too. I swore I would not play pieces that so greatly exposed my handicapped Left hand, but, you know, no pain no gain. Maybe I need to face the monster and just see what happens. The piece is huge but still Sacrament OK as it is not showy. It sounds rather easy but it is a real bucket of notes with a miserable key signature and technical challenges. Yah, it is a huge step but I feel pretty good about it. Page one is memorized and the rest is coming along. I will not play from memory but I will played from open book memory.

There it is, the plan.....now the reality is that I must make it happen!

No comments: