Monday, July 27, 2009

Too hot already

I live in Washington for a reason and that reason would be the fact that I am a wimp when it comes to heat. With that statement made, I do not approve of the weather that has settled onto the Island this week. Today I have seen it as high as 94 degrees and it is not as hot as it will get...but more than hot enough to heat me plenty. If I wanted to live in the heat I would move to it, it does not need to move to me! And they say it will get worse before it gets better. They are talking a three day climb before it breaks at the end of the week. We will see if this all happens....but lets hope it doesn't!

Last week Kristin and I went to Sun Lakes to enjoy some time in the sun, and, of course, it rained. I get used to this kind of stuff but it still makes me laugh when it happens yet one more time. Eastern Washington in July should be pretty dependable but it can not trump my ability to find bad weather to camp in. The Connie P solves that problem however, it really could care less if there is rain or not. We enjoyed the weather from the inside looking out....and even got some time to go swimming between the showers. Or rather Kristin did, I sat that one out. I am certainly a fair weather swimmer in my old age!

No comments: