Saturday, May 1, 2010

9 and counting....

Monday the 26th Nancy and Jace had their son Easton Ray in St. George, Utah. He is a perfectly average little guy with an amazing head of dark brown hair. I flew down to help them manage but had little to nothing to do. At least I was able to do some cooking, something that I enjoy doing and they seemed to enjoy having. And you will be pleased to know the grand state of Utah offered up a varied plate of weather, from 5 inches of snow on Tuesday evening, flurries on Wednesday and cool sunshine on Saturday. This does not feel much like spring to me, but this is what is happening. Makes me wish I had packed a few more warm articles of clothing, but I am managing without chilling myself too much.

Easton Ray had to go back into the hospital in Cedar for a day under the Billi light when his jaundice levels got too high, that was an unpleasant experience. They care for the babies well but the mom has a chair on which to live. We took turns staying in the hospital so that Nancy could get back to their house and get a nap. My insomnia pays off sometimes and this was one of those times I think. He came home the second time on Thursday morning and has remained at home since then. He will have to go back a couple of times to have blood work done to check his levels but there is no reason to believe things are not just fine.

He is a pleasant young man, rarely fusses and just accepts things as they come. I hope he keeps up this style because he will be an easy baby if he is able to maintain what he has started.


The 9 and counting refers to grandchildren...3 girls and 6 boys will soon be 7 boys with the birth of Linda's little one here in 4 weeks. Just thought I had better explain that comment as there is nothing in the writing that refers to that!

No comments: