Monday, May 10, 2010

The purpose of TV

I have come to the realization that there actually is a purpose for television. Allow me to explain. I got up and cleaned the bathroom, did four loads of laundry (I know, everyone else did more but there are only two of us!), folded, swept and all those things a woman does on the average Monday morning. Then I picked up my stuff and headed off to teach lessons in Oak Harbor.

I worked with 8 young people, some perfectly fine individuals but not stimulating students, and a couple that are just fun to work with (that would be Cara and Taylor). Did the wal-mart run to purchase some window cleaner on a stick, so to speak, for the front windows, which, after a winter of salt water spray are looking pretty opaque!

Drove home, took care of the things I purchased, picked up the dirty dishes that seem to appear while I am out of the house and looked around for something to fill the last hour of the day before I try to get a good nights sleep....rare recently. I could sew but I hate starting a project with no potential of finishing it. I could read a good book but I don't have one on hand right now. I could read the scriptures and will after this but I want entertainment, brain dead stuff and the scriptures are not that! Hence TV...it is what one does when one arrives at the end of the day with nothing left to shuffle into thought or productivity and still some time to fill.

Ah the challenges I do face....OK, not much, but they are mine and real to me. Guess life is pretty good.

No comments: