Sunday, January 15, 2012

and so it goes...

My life certainly seems like a round trip. Lots of things just keep coming back again and again, does that mean I am not learning the lesson the first time around? I refuse to go there but there is a slight possibility that could be true. The flip side, however....the Gospel is true and there is no new route to the same place. Something about the straight and narrow. Anyway, I am back into primary. They finally found my records and they will read me in next Sunday and sustain me back into Primary...wahoo....I was hoping to stay a little loose so that I might be able to do a little going here to there to see family. The Bishop assures me there are good substitutes but I have always found that substitutes are good untio you ask them to take your class, and then they are absent. Oh well, I will deal with it. He was not too sure as to which class but he thought it would be the 10 year old kids...."a real handful" was his comment. Well at least it has the same job description as most of my callings.

This is not on topic, but I am watching the golden globes and older women should not wear clothes designed for younger women....Jessica Lang has a saggy back totally exposed for the world to look at. Yes, full coverage in front but not nearly enough fabric in back. Why are we, as women, always trying to pretend we are not who we are. There is beauty in all ages if we will just accept ourselves for what we are....mature and just fine.

That said, I will go run over some Mozart and see how it plays this evening. This morning it was not playing well....fingers were just not moving in the way my brain was asking them. Just because it is fast and tight, two of my least favorite things, it was pathetic. There is a Left hand section that is extremely close note wise with Right hand melody that moves chromatically down the keyboard, and I need to lead with LH 4 and I keep putting down 5...bummer! I can do this, it is just doing it at the right tempo with the right notes at the right time. This too shall pass

No comments: