Friday, January 13, 2012

Another year, another performance

I have a whole 15 minutes before I need to be on the raod again...plenty of time to write an entry. Particularly if you come to the realization that most everything in my life is done in little time frames. It seems the world does not think I need bigger targets of time. It is a season, or so I keep telling myself!

I played for the seniors at the Bayview senior center this morning for an hour and now I am headed back to Freeland and Maple Ridge to do the same thing, different place however. I think playing for the seniors is one of the good things that I get to do. They seem to appreciate the effort and that is plenty of pay for me. I can not imagine having time to just hang out with friends and listen to the music of my interest. It is a good thing. And I take Carson with me so he entertains when I don't. He is so good with people and just smiles from the bottom of his soul if something moves him. He has always gone with me but I feared he would not co-operate as he got mobility, but he still tolerates being tied into the stroller so that I can keep track of him while I keep track of notes too. He is a pretty easy young man. He seems to enjoy the music, but twice in one day might be a high price for him. We will see how this all plays out.

The Lord gave me back my music when it should have been gone forever so I feel I need to hold up my end of the bargain. I said I would make my music available to anyone with no charge if he would allow me to keep playing....and great I am no longer, but I am good enough to make people enjoy the efforts. You always win when the Lord is on your side!

No comments: