Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The 21st century

Well, I think I have officially arrived at the 21st century. What allows me to draw that conclusion? A simple fact, I have no car for the rest of the week. Gas prices are crazy and only seem to be getting more crazy and life has thrown me a curve. My car has gone South while I have LJ's car here to fix, and the fix is not happening in a timely manner...hence no car. Larry is taking the Saturn to scout camp and that leave me with the RV, or nothing. I have decided to take a short camping trip on one night just to get away from the house. Local but still out of the house, I love those short trips almost as much as I love the real ones.

Gas locally seems to run about 25 cents a gallon higher than everywhere else. One of the joys of living here I guess. I keep thinking it will round a corner but it doesn't. It has affected my lifestyle and will continue to do so more and more as time moves on.

But as I am forced to stay closer to home I also have the benifit of a good berry crop. The raspberries are in full swing and just now turning the corner to lesser production. The blueberries are slow this year, but they are constant and I think there will be plenty. The Marion berries are now showing some ripe but are still a week out to the real deal. And the black caps are producing slowly and steadily, I freeze them as I wait for enough to deseed....those little rocks in your mouth are very unpleasant so I remove same and make a seedless jam with them. Nothing much else happening in the garden until beans and corn, and those will be in September I think. Late year for almost everything.

That said I will go start my day. Larry has the car so I can't go to the gym again. Makes me sad, I was doing so well and now I am not doing as well. Such is life. I am determined to meet my goal however, so I will just keep picking away at it until I get my life under control and then I can work hard again.

No comments: