Sunday, July 13, 2008

Patience

I am getting a crash course on patience this week. Lawrence's car has decided to take the long road to nowhere so he has my car while I try to get his car back on the road. Meaning a new engene installed, something I know next to nothing about but have a lot of people willing to help, some a plus and many a minus. Anyway, Larry and I are sharing a car and that has never worked well. I got to church barely in time to play prelude and then sat in the car for half an hour after church. I arrive early and leave early, he arrives late and leaves late....not a good combination. But I used my time wisely and read scriptures so it was not for nothing, and tried to manage my attitude. That too was necessary.

Tomorrow I will get started on the tasks at hand, finding a engene for the 2002 honda and cleaning all the messes the past three weeks have hatched in my home. In my house, the beach house and the RV. The major three all could stand some serious cleaning. I am going to take them one at a time. Tomorrow I address the car and then the house, Tuesday I address the RV and go camping at South Whidbey State Park so that I can dump all tanks, Wednesday I address the cabin because Linda and Curtis will be installed there and she will help me as much as she can. But, you know, it was all worth it. I had a wonderful week with my entire family here. I really don't mind paying the bill now....it was worth it.

3 comments:

Linda Kincaid said...

You know it was a good coupla weeks we are cleaning up here too! Curtis invited people over for dinner yesterday and gave me 4 hours notice. Usually that would be fine, but I haven't been home in a really long time, so I made one of those open a bunch of cans and turn on the crock pot! Worked out good! Got another dinner to do today, just got an email from the wife! At least us wives look out for us!

Michiko said...

Hi from Modesto! It's Michiko. I found your blog from Linda's. I tried to look at Emily's, but her's is private, so ask her to invite me, please?! If you'll send me your email address I'll invite you to my blog. It's nice to be able to check up on you guys! Miss you!

Michiko said...

my email address: michimonkey@yahoo