Friday, March 13, 2009

Friday the 13th is good

Today is a good day on many levels. Garret is a whole month old today. It is hard to be so invested in someone and still not have even set eyes upon them. It was never my plan to have my family live a long way away so I had never thought about having a grandchild that I could not see with slight investment of time and energy. But that is the way things are right now. As a grandparent I want to be available but not in the way, and sometimes it is hard to see the line between the two. 3 weeks from today I will be on the road headed south to see this young man and I greatly look forward to the experience.

And it is good that this week is over and the wounds can begin the healing process. I so respect the young people I work with and how they feel so deeply but embrace tomorrow with so much health. They honor and love Katelyn but today they have moved on, she is still in their hearts and minds, but life is for the living and so they must live. What a healthy way of being and how I try to emulate them. All challenges are just that, challenges, and it is how we carry the load that is the measure of the person.

That said, Romans 8 and some before and after address being joint-heirs with Christ. What an amazing thought. Inheritance has been such a rats nest in my life and it is good to hear it all put in proper perspective. If we are to live worthy as joint-heirs with Christ what does it matter how things unfold here and now on this confused earth? It is of only temporary significance and I need to remember that all the time. I most certainly lost the battle but I feel so assured that the war is mine....I will be joint-heir with Christ and that is the true prize. It isn't in money and/or acreage, it is in the good you bring to others.

Ya, Friday the 13Th is a wonderful day and I am glad I am here to embrace it...and now I want my shower and breakfast, they too are in need of my embrace!!!

No comments: