Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hello Dolly

Linda and I are doing something unique and different....we are going down to the Fifth Ave. Theater to see Hello Dolly on stage. I haven't been to a professional live production in an extremely long time. They are expensive and I detest going alone. I don't think Linda has ever been! So when Hello Dolly came up I thought this would be a good one. I played the local production and Linda was in the cast. We both know the show upside down and backwards thanks to those hours of rehearsals. I, of course, never saw it, but I still know what was going on...one of the joys of being the rehearsal accompanist and then in the pit. I can't help but think it will be a fun day.

She is leaving the boys with Lisa so we are truly alone for a time. It will also be her first trip away from Logan for more than an hour or two. See, lots of firsts today! Beefy-boy should do well and there is a back-up plan, Lisa is still nursing Isabella. Should be a fun day and the boys will be fine too.

3 comments:

Linda Kincaid said...

Isabella is actually Oliva, but I won't tell her...Thanks for taking me! It was a blast. Lisa was asking me if we do stuff together a lot, and it was kinda nice to think back at all the fun stuff you and I have done together! Thanks for sharing all those special times with me!

Hannah said...

I hope you had a great time! Wish I could come too. I'm glad I found your blog, it's good to "hear" from you again.

Jenny said...

I'm going too. I miss playing in the pit orchestra, I'm excited to see what was actually happening on stage. Maybe we'll see ya there.