Saturday, June 13, 2009

I could get used to this

I don't know who has messed with the climate on Island but I could really learn to like it the way it is at present. For the past two weeks we have had as close to perfect weather as they give forth in this world. High temperatures around the mid seventy range and lows in the upper 50 range. What could be better? Mornings tend to be overcast but the sun has been out and on full display by lunch and remained that way for the remainder of the day. OK, this is not typical but I am liking it all the same. Makes it a little hard to get tasks done but the cool, overcast mornings aren't bad for working and then, of course, the sunny afternoons are excellent for not working!

People that live further South don't get it. They seem to think the glory is to wake up every morning and have the sun out. I could rapidly learn to detest that. It is the fact that it is not out all the time that makes it so wonderful. Washington is always in a state of change, if it is raining and you are unhappy about that, well, wait a bit and it might change. Our hot spells never last all that long and the rain, well, OK, sometimes that does go on way too long. But it only makes the breaks in the overcast more special. I don't think I could enjoy a climate that was even remotely predictable. I look at the high dessert folk and sigh because they always have sunshine and it gets old fast, or at least for me. Give me variety and I will be a happy girl.

No comments: