Friday, February 12, 2010

Not such a big deal

Sometimes we invest a lot of wasted energy into believing something is a big deal, when, in reality, it is no big deal. Here a week or so ago I mustered up all my courage and decided that I would stop talking about doing something different with my hair and do something different with my hair. So, with Emily as my back-up eyes, I went to Bristol and told her to make magic. She did and I am now some sort of a blond. I thought it would be a big deal but it seems to be a big deal only in my eyes! Such is life. She put a rinse on my hair that took away the gray but made no attempt to go as dark or as red as my hair really was. I didn't want to be one of those older ladies that has dark hair with old skin. That looks so bad in my eyes. But, truth be told, I am not sure I like this either. It just looks so washed out and dead to me. I will live with it for awhile and see how it "grows" on me. All comments have basically come down to an "Oh"...not much change. I am thinking I want to go a bit darker next time and see if I can pull that off. I just have a really hard time seeing myself as any form of a blond, no matter how dark it is.

So my blond head and I are at Nancy and Jace's place. They are both at work so I am entertaining myself with the computer and with my book. It is nice to be able to just sit and read a book without the phone and other obligations like family and work. I love my family, the phone and work, but it is nice to be able to sit in the quiet all the same.

So there is my grand revelation.....and so life goes. Utah walls are nice for a change!

1 comment:

Janet said...

How about high lights with 2 more colors in there. That would be different. You could do your red and brown with it. That just might be the ticket. Still waiting for the picture though...