Thursday, August 21, 2008

The rocking shuttlecock

I would like to pay tribute to the marvel of a rocking shuttlecock on a pressure cooker. What a nice invention. I can pay attention to the canning process while writing a blog on the computer in the opposite end of the house. Such a deal. It just makes it rattle and I listen to the speed, knowing if it is hot enough or too cool. It doesn't get much easier than that! Right now I am canning string beans and they take 20 minutes. But last night I did some chicken that takes 75 minutes, way too long to just sit and wait so I worked over the beans while cooking the chicken. With the old dial canner I would have had to stay in the kitchen and actually pay attention rather than sitting downstairs watching the Olympics while preparing the beans to can. Still is work but such a more pleasant way to do the work.

1 comment:

Linda Kincaid said...

Mom, you are so awesome, thanks for working so hard!