Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Self Cleaning Floors

I think someone should invest some thought into making self cleaning floors. I have a self cleaning oven. You turn it on, lock the door mechanism and walk away. In a few hours you come back and mop up some white dust and the oven is clean. Yes, I know there are robotic round things that will move around your room and vacuum, but I mean clean and not just collect dust etc. Why this thought? I rented the rug Doctor to clean my carpets today. I want one and all to know it is misnamed, it is not a Doctor because it knows only what I know and I don't know all that much about cleaning rugs.

That said, I cleaned the rug in our bed room first. Daisy is a very dependable dog but she has been left home a lot this summer and it would appear she has decided to punish me for doing same. There have been a few occasions where she has marked my side of the room with her indignation at being left home. Poor baby....but such is life. Anyway, I moved the bed and used the misnamed Rug Doctor to clean it well. Then moved down stairs and gave it a good cleaning. Mind you, it is not clean. One would assume a clean carpet would not give off extremely dirty water, and as many times as I went over the same place I always had very dirty water. I guess it means I need to do this much more frequently....Oh well, such is life. Chances are it will still not be done frequently. And if I do decide to do it more I need to invest in purchasing a machine rather than renting the thing.

That said, I need to get to canning string beans. Oh the joys of this post fair week! But it is all good and I really don't mind all that much.

1 comment:

Michiko said...

Yeah, I don't know about the Rug Doctor. I've tried it before too, and haven't been wowed by the results. I do, however, highly recommend Folex carpet spot cleaner. It hasn't failed me yet! The best part is that you don't have to rinse, just spray, rub it in, blot, and walk away . . .

I enjoyed reading your post about the county fair - it made me wax nostalgic for a little bit!